Wednesday, September 5, 2007

End of Summer

I have tried several times to post some of my favorite pictures from the summer but for some reason they won't upload. (Is anyone else having trouble upleading pictures??) So you'll have to settle for some cute quotes.

Sunday night at the lake we were heading up to the tabernacle. Dirk was already at the gazeebo on the laptop and the girls were on their bikes. Kaitlyn rode ahead of us so say hi to Dirk. Here's our conversation:
B: Did you say hi to Daddy?
K: Yes. But I'm getting older now so I call him Dad. It's a much older name.

Renee turned 3 on Aug. 25. (Sorry, no pictures. See above comment.) She was excited about opening presents but go all embarrassed when we sahg to her. As I think back to her vocabulary 1 year ago, I'm amazed at how far she's come! Last year she barely said mommy, let along sentences. I love to hear her say things like clothes, closet, driveway, van. Here's how they come out: flothes, floset, riveway, ban.

My children are exposed to Tastefully Simple products all the time. We love the food. Renee even recognizes the logo if it's on a mug or a shirt. I think she's gifted but Dirk says it's just product recognition. I took them bowling last week when Dirk was gone and there was a TS consultant at the bowling center. She recognized her banner. They had fun bowling. Thank goodness for bumpers.......but I should have gotten a few more strikes!

No comments: