Saturday, October 6, 2007

Kaitlyn Update and Message at Midnight

Kaitlyn had her 5 yr. check-up last week. She gained 4 lbs. in the year too, just like Renee. She's up to 35 lbs. which is the 20th. percentile. She grew 3.5 inches and is in the 64th. percentile for height.

Last night I was indulging in one of my guilty pleasures: blog-stalking. I read a few from family members, friends and aquaintances and a few of complete strangers. One girl just gave birth to quads a month ago. Another is a stay-at-home Cnristian mom to 3. I love reading all the great writing styles. I have never been much of a writer. In fact, I hate to write. I struggled with that as a teacher because I didn't want my students to pick up on my aversion to writing. My father was an English teacher for close to 30 years but I did not inherit any of his ability. All of my siblings got it and there wasn't anything left for me. I am pretty good at the mechanics of writing though. Things like spelling, grammar, etc.

When I went in to tell Kaitlyn goodnight before heading up to my room, she woke up briefly. She stretched out her little arm to touch me. Here's our brief conversation.
K: Hi Mommy. You know what?
B: What Sweetie?
K: I love you. Then she went back to sleep with a smile on her face. Completely made my day!!!!

Look for some pictures soon.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Aww she is too cute.