Sunday, November 4, 2007

Frick or Freat

As you all know, Wednesday was Halloween. Kaitlyn had her party at school and the parents were invited to come back for it. (Thank you Becca.) Last year Kaitlyn wanted to be a fairy and this year was no different. She was perfectly content to wear her glitter skirt and wings from the dollar store. Yes, I'm a big spender, I know. Even seeing her friends in cute "real" costumes didn't faze her. She was excited to wear her pumpkin shirt from Amy and John and her wings. Miss Vicki fixed Renee a plate a goodies and they shared a chair and looked like they actually liked each other.

The highlight of the day, of course, came after supper. We had an old Ziegler traditional Halloween supper of pancakes and then the girls got their "costumes" on. Dirk took them to about 10 houses while I stayed home to pass out the candy. We had maybe 15 kids, and they were done by 7:30. Dirk and the girls never got home until close to 8:30. Smart planning on my part, huh??? Renee wore her little pink princess dress-up outfit. (She wears that at least 5 times a week.) She was excited to go "frick or freating" As soon as they got home, Kaitlyn dumped out her candy and counted it. "Mommy, I have 24 peices!"



I got my hair all cut off and am going to send my 10" ponytails to Locks of Love in the next day or 2. I like the new do and Kaitlyn loves it. She has told me many times that she really likes it.



When I made pancakes the other night I tried a new recipe. They were pumpkin pancakes and they were really good.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I love the new haircut. And I am so glad you got the pictures to work!!
They were the cutest trick or treaters we had

becca said...

PICTURES! i am glad you were finally able to figure it out. my computer at home still won't let me upload to blogger....

i do love the hair cut!

i have a great picture of the girls eating together that i will send to you :)

Matt and Megan said...

It was great seeing you the other night at Amy's party!

Again, love the hair cut!

See you again~