Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Pucker Up

The girls were playing so nicely together this afternoon. Good thing, too, because I spent most of the afternoon on the couch. Last night my throat started hurting and I never got to sleep until close to 3. (I'm blaming the raspberry chai from Jitter's). So needless to say, I was exhausted today, my throat was still killing me and my whole body ached.

At one point in my dozing, Renee woke me up to show me what they were up to. All I can say is "thank goodness they're washable"!!! (The children and the markers).





Kaitlyn reserved her coloring for her knees but Renee went all out, covering her shins, both sides of her feet and hands. The lips are what really got me. I quickly grabbed the camera, took a few shots and then marched them up to the tub. When Dirk got home a little before 5 they were both in their pajammas.

Dirk was trying to get some cute pictures of the girls for our Christmas card this year. Here are a few possibilities.








They were so excited about the snow on the ground. They even attempted doing snow angels. They turned out more like leaf angels. But they had fun.

They love wearing their "twin dresses" from Amy's wedding. Last year they touched the top of their shoes. This year they're tea length but they don't care. They wore them all day on Sunday.




3 comments:

Megan said...

I LOVE the snowsuit pictures! They are so cute! Thanks for sharing!

Amy said...

I pick the last one or the second to last one. Love the marker pictures.

Unknown said...

I agree with Amy - the last one with the girls in their wedding dresses.
Isn't it fun being a mother when you're sick!! They remind me of Janelle and Natalie growing up - what one doesn't think of, the other one will!
Becky