Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Renee's First Day of School

Renee started Nursery School last week. It was finally her turn and she was excited, although she did tell me a few times that she wasn't going to go. "Oh yes you are." She walked right in, found her cubby and never looked back. She has a few criers in her class but I am thrilled to say that she is NOT one of them!!! We did that enough last year in Sunday School and Morning Moms!


She even made a new friend, Lily.

I don't know any of the children or their moms so it's a little weird right now. I miss seeing all the familiar faces of pre-k kids/moms but that will change as the year goes on. I'll just have to get out of my comfort zone and introduce myself and hope they're nice.

We had some damage to our house when the remnants of Ike went through. Our power, phone and cable never went out but the wires were ripped off the house. RG&E put the wires back up and Dirk did the others. The top 1/3 of one of the maple trees snapped off, landing on the wires.




3 comments:

Amy said...

She looks so grown up! I didn't know all of that happened to your house. Glad everything is ok.

Anonymous said...

Wow...so cute and so old. I can't believe she's big enough to go to P4K now.

Dr. J said...

That storm was crazy. It was so bad that Rachel didn't feel safe and went and slept on the first floor. Of course she just left me up there sleeping away. In the morning I asked her why she didn't wake me up and she said she thought about it but concluded that I just would have made fun of her. It's true, I would have made fun of her but at least I would have known she cared.