Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Yet Another Milestone

First let me catch on some pictures from Renee's birthday party. We just had a small gathering of family for cake and ice cream. She loved opening her presents and Kaitlyn was a little Mother Hen, helping her. Her expressions and little comments kept us all laughing.




Kaitlyn gave her this Lite Brite and was more excited about it than Renee. I think she's played with it more anyway.

New flashy jeans.









Amy and John took her out for ice cream a couple of nights later. She enjoyed that. Sorry, I don't know how to link to another blog but Amy already told about that.




On another note, Kaitlyn started school today. She was so excited; she even woke up before her alarm went off. She got dressed, fed her fish and made her bed, all without me even knowing she was up. But I could tell she was nervous because she went to the bathroom several times. While she was brushing her teeth she looked in the mirror and started giggling. Then she said, "I look like a Kindergartner." Amy stopped in on her way home from work to watch the big send-off and Dirk got permission from his principal to come in late. We were all ready for bus 333 to arrive at 8:27. It was a few minutes late but not bad.





As the bus pulled away I said to Dirk, "That stranger just drove off with my baby and I don't even know her name." I later found out it's Sue. And yes, I cried. I started just watching Kaitlyn walk out to the red line (the "don't stand beyond this point" line) and then when the bus came into sight. She didn't know I was crying so that was good. But she did ask me to walk with her to the bus. I thought maybe the driver would tell me her name but she didn't. Kaitlyn climbed the steps and never turned around......she's all grown up now I guess.
A few of my friends all met at Black Creek Park to pass the time a bit. Renee had fun playing with her friends and we ended up meeting a little boy that will be in her Nursery School class.


When Kaitlyn got off the bus at 4:10 (it was supposed to drop her off at 3:41!!) she was all smiles and she couldn't stop talking about school and how much she loved it. I heard all about it for the next 30 minutes, including the part about the little girl who lost her playtime. We'll have to watch out for her. She did make a new friend, Sara. She actually lives across the street so they sat together on the bus, along with Sophia who is across the hall from them.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I could have given you that advice from P4K experience. It takes about a week for them to figure out the bus schedule and actually make it work. The first day of school they're always a half an hour late...I'm sure that was a lot of fun for someone in your situation!

Your girls are getting so big...

Amy said...

Renee was TOO funny with her birthday presents. my favorite was when she opened the dollar
It was so fun to see kaitlyn get on the bus she looked so grown up!

Unknown said...

Your girls are adorable as usual!!
I still get worried when one of my boy's busses is late.
I love that Renee and her friends are wearing skirts or dresses at the playground! Unfortunately, they get over that stage usually pretty quickly (I love to see girls in dresses!)

Jesse, Jess, Corban, and Malorie said...

Awwww...thanks for the comments about my grandparents! :) Your girls are getting so big! I was reading about Kaitlyn and kindergarten...I know the time between now and kindergarten is going to fly by with Corban, too. The time we have with them right now is so precious- I'm glad we can stay at home- even though there are some bad days mixed in:) See you Friday at MM!

Becky said...

Hi! I've been reading for a long while now, and have been thoroughly enjoying it. I think the last time I spent a lot of time with you or your parents I was Kaitlyn's age at family camp...wow, ohh well. Anyway, my mom subbed in Kaitlyn's class like the first week of school and said she was such a cutie. Just wanted to let you know!