Sunday, February 1, 2009

How's This One??

A very dear friend told me my last background was hard to read. So Kaitlyn helped me pick out this one. I hope you like it.

Last Sunday I stayed home from church with Renee who was coughing a lot. Today Dirk stayed home with Kaitlyn. She woke up at 3:15 Sat. morning and started crawling in bed with us. Dirk and I heard it coming so I quickly grabbed the garbage can and she got most of it in the can. But a little got on our sheets. So my dear husband was stripping the bed at 3:15 as I was scrubbing out the garbage can. I spent the rest of the night in Kaitlyn's bed. Then yesterday she spent the day in her jammies on the couch. She actually napped off and on. I finally got some Tylenol in her and her fever went away. This morning she threw up a little more but I think she's on the mend. She HATES taking any sort of medicine so I'm glad I only had to force one dose. Renee on the other hand, I think that girl prays for a fever just to get the Tylenol. She LOVES it! Just yet another difference between the two.

We got the Kindergarten registration packet in the mail yesterday. It's hard to believe the Renee is actually eligible for school come Sept. I cannot picture her in Kindergarten and glad we have the option of keeping her home one more year. She is not ready for school (and I'm not either!) and because her birthday is late Aug. we'll send her to Pre-K at Pearce and then school the following year.

Today is Feb. 1 and all my life I've always known that that is a special day for my parents. It was 62 years ago today that they got married. As far as I'm concerned, they still are, just celebrating in separate locations. So Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad. I miss you Daddy and look forward to seeing you someday.

3 comments:

Amy said...

62 years wow! He is probably picking her some pretty flowers up there in heaven.

The new background is much easier to read. Good to see you on Saturday we miss you guys. I should visit more but you know how I am in the winter, I'm like a shut in

Anonymous said...

O Thanks!! I love the new background! I wonder if your dad and my dad have met up in heaven!?
Love ya, inge

Anonymous said...

Great new blog background. How was your sense of smell the other night at 3 Am???