Sunday, January 6, 2008

Christmas Update

It's been a long time since I posted so thought I would share some of my favorite memories and photos from Christmas 2007. As always, we went to the candlelight Christmas Eve service at our church. We went to the "family friendly" service and I decided that I can't wait 'til the girls are old enough that we can go back to the traditional service. I guess I'm just too traditional when it comes to carols being sung. Give me the piano and organ versus guitars and drums and newer renditions. I do love looking around the sanctuary when all of the candles are lit and we're singing Joy to the World, the Lord is Come! Renee insisted on having her own candle and I managed to hold her off until the final verse of Joy to the World before giving in to her. Made me a LOT nervous though. They wore their sage green dresses and looked adorable.


The girls on Christmas morning before opening their presents. For some reason, Kaitlyn wanted to get dressed but Renee was content to stay in her pj's. They slept in until 7:30 which surprised me. They were both so excited about Santa coming. A few years ago, Kaitlyn was totally against the idea of Santa coming into our house. Plus, we don't have a fireplace. So we told her he would just leave the presents on the front porch and Mommy or Daddy would bring them in in the morning. This year she was explaining the whole thing to Renee. I guess that explanation worked for her.


Both of the girls love the movie "Barbie and the 12 Dancing Princesses". Kaitlyn was so excited when she opened this gift. Renee also got a Barbie but not the same one.


Here's my wonderful husband, opening one of his gifts. They're miniature figurine tanks and soldiers for a game he plays with "the guys".


I made a calendar for our mothers with photos of the girls. They both loved them.


Renee is loving on "Brandma". She used to call her Mama but now it's Brandma.


Some new dresses for the girl who loves to wear them, along with 3 new pairs of tights. Now if I could only get her to keep the tights on all day.


Kaitlyn finally got some dance leotards.




Both of the girls asked Santa for Polly Pockets. Kaitlyn wanted Jasmine and Renee wanted Cinderella. They were thrilled he remembered. In fact, on Christmas Eve, one of the last things Renee said before falling asleep was "I hope Santa brings me a Cinderella Polly Pocket." How could he deny that??


Grandma Ann and Grandpa Ray came over for brunch. They brought Renee a bed for her dolls. By this time Renee was dressed, complete with her ripped up old princess dress. I think she wore it 4 out of 7 days a week during the month of December. Grandma Ziegler made her a new dress-up skirt but she wasn't interested. But a few days later she bought her a tulle one with sparkly wings and the old one has now been replaced. YEH!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your Christmas is just a little different than ours with all the "girly" presents! I hadn't even heard of "Polly Pockets" and they come in at least 2 different varieties!! We got things like Thomas trains, Guitar Hero, anything to do with "Cars" (the movie), etc. Your girls are precious - I love to hear about their comments and their "take" on things!
Becky

Amy said...

Look at those cuties! I agree the new tulle skirt is way better

Matt and Megan said...

Thanks for sharing! I love hearing about children's innocence when it comes to believing in Santa.

Hope your New Year is off to a great start!