Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day



Yesterday we celebrated with Dirk's father. His dad didn't want me to have to cook him a big meal so suggested we just go out. (That was fine with me because I had cooked a big meal on Mother's Day so didn't really get a break. I'll take one whenever I can get one.) We thought it would be fun to just grab a good burger (that means no McDonald's) and then go to Bazil's on the lake for funnel cake. So we went to their house first, in Greece. Then we drove to Penfield to go to Bill Gray's. I know what you're thinking........I agree!!! There are closer Bill Gray's than going to Panarama Plaza!! Anyways, they didn't really want funnel cake so we headed back to Greece. At the price of gas, I was a little annoyed but bit my tongue. (I guess I'm not really biting my tongue by posting on the internet for all the world to see.) We ended up going to Charlotte Beach, which isn't too far from their house. The girls loved the merry-go-round and the playground. We got ice cream so that made me happy!


Last week one day Kaitlyn wanted me to straighten her hair with my flat iron. It was a humid day so it didn't get very straight but she was thrilled.



At the end of May Renee had her first dentist appointment. Considering it was with a complete stranger and not the hygenist that we know who does Kaitlyn's teeth, she did OK. Kaitlyn loves Michelle and Renee has met her several times so I was annoyed when someone else was scheduled for Renee. Michelle had Princess toothbrushes too. The stranger tried to entice Renee with a Lightning McQueen brush. Yeh right.......my little dress-up queen had her mind set on Princesses!! She wouldn't get on the chair so finally just sat on my lap. I passed the camera to Kaitlyn to capture this moment of history and held on to Renee.


3 comments:

Amy said...

Those are great pictures,and Kaitlyn takes pretty good pictures herself. Tell Kaitlyn I can come over with my wet to dry straightner whenever she wants. Remember a year or so ago when she was crying "no mommy I don't want product in my hair" Haha

Anonymous said...

PLEASE don't make a habit of straightening those gorgous curls. She looks like a weeping willow tree!! A cute one, though!!

Unknown said...

Barb, Your blogs are great and I love seeing all the pictures of your beauties! Your girls remind me so much of mine when they were that age. But, I never wrote things down and didn't take nearly enough pictures. I agree with Amy, that Kaitlyn takes very good pictures! At the dentist, I had to do the same with Robbie - hold him in my lap, but they didn't get to check him out that first time - he wouldn't even let them brush his teeth. Then, gradually they could do more - still on my lap - and then eventually off my lap and now he goes in with the hygenist all by himself!! And he NEVER fussed when he got his braces (he waited till he got home!)