Sunday, August 3, 2008

Who Are These Children??



Sometimes Kaitlyn and Renee are best of friends and play beautifully for hours. Other times they are enemies and torture each other. (Pinching, scratching.....preschooler forms of torture.) Right now the torture chamber is open for business!

Last week one day they played "camping".

They even packed some groceries, their pillows, blankets and jewelry for Sunday.

All ready for dance class.

During Getaway Camp Kaitlyn perfected her 2 wheeler riding skills. She had more freedom than she has ever had. One day I was up at the gazebos on the computer (that's the best place to pick up the wireless signals) putting some Tastefully Simple orders in. She had been playing at the playground and was supposed to be under her father's supervision. So, she rode over to me and asked if she could play PBS Kids. I told her no and she started throwing a fit. "You mean I rode all this way for nothing? That's not fair. You're so mean......." She got back on her bike and started riding away. I asked her where she was going and her response, with glaring eyes: "I don't have to tell you!" As you can imagine, that didn't go over well. We'll have to see how long it takes her to cop that attitude again.

Another morning Renee was so tired. She was crying at breakfast and I asked her if she bit her tongue.
R: "No. My teeth."
B: "You bit your teeth?"
R: "No, my waffle bit my teeth."

This morning when I woke Kaitlyn up, she rolled over and told me she thinks we should start growing peas. I later questioned her about that and she denied it. Must have caught her in the middle of a farming dream.

Last night you would have swore I was pulling out her toenails. We were in the driveway riding bikes. There was a bandaid on the driveway and I thought I picked it up before she saw it. Nope. (Let me back up a bit. A few weeks ago she felt the need to start a collection. Her choice: her used Barbie bandaids. GROSS!! I tried to explain to her how disgusting that is but she wouldn't listen.) Back to the present story....she saw the bandaid and started screaming bloody murder when I threw it in the garbage can. That was her favorite, she doesn't have any others like it, etc. It took her quite a long time to stop obsessing on that bandaid!!!!

Right now I have locked myself in the guest room with the computer while Renee is screaming. I won't help her pick up her room and it is a mess. Why is it that they can make the mess all by themselves but can't seem to pick it up without my help?? Did I mention that Dirk has been gone since Friday morning and isn't home yet?? He leaves Tuesday morning for a week in Idaho, to spend some time with his older brother who is turning 50 next week. Guess who will be praying for patience, A LOT???

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Gee - you mean my kids aren't (weren't) the only ones to have attitude problems?