Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Out of the Blue

Sometimes I just laugh at the things that come out of my children's mouths. Today was no exception. We were in the driveway and Renee was riding her bike. She came up along side of my chair and told me she was going to park her bike right there. Then she flashed me a big smile. I told her, "I love you so much." Her response: drum roll please........"I'm John's girl!" No "I love you too, Mommy". John wasn't even at our house. She hasn't seen him since church on Sunday. Whatever happened to out of sight, out of mind??

Renee is now sleeping in a big girl bed. We set up the new bed (actually an antique bed from the Faros) but left her crib up, in case she decided against it at bedtime. But she was so excited about the new bed. Around 7:30 she told me she was so tired and wanted to go to bed. So she went upstairs and put on her own jammies. She loves her Cinderella jammies! Of course, when it was really bedtime a little later, she didn't go right to sleep but that's another story. But she did sleep in the new bed. On Monday Daddy took down the crib, much to her displeasure. She kept telling me, "He made a mess in my woom." She didn't care that the crib was gone; she just didn't like the disorganization of the dismantling process. Hmmm, where did she get THAT from?

Kaitlyn and I had a nice little songtime together. Renee wanted to listen to Steve Green on the CD player (Hide 'Em in Your Heart scripture songs) but Kaitlyn suggested that I play the piano and they could sing along to the piano instead. So that is exactly what we did. I've borrowed a book of the music from a friend and Kaitlyn sang her little heart out!

Dirk needed to get some video footage of the stained glass window at church for a wedding video he's working on. He took the girls with him and taped them singing and dancing on the platform, holding the microphones. I know what you're thinking John. Those girls have too much church, right?

4 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my goodness, that little rascal. John is going to hold this over all of our heads forever. They are both smitten, sometimes I am jealous.
We have a stained glass window Dirk could tape :)

Let us know if you want us to watch the girls on Saturday, we wouldn't mind at all.

Anonymous said...

YES!

That's my girl...I'm glad that she's not hesitating to inform everyone else of the lofty position I hold in her life.

And I did actually see her on Tuesday, when Dirk stopped by with the girls -- but just for a minute.

Can't wait to see them at the cottage this weekend!

Ashley said...

too cute, i can't even stand it!

becca said...

that girl will come to her senses someday... :)