Saturday, February 16, 2008

Funny Stories

I have 2 funny stories to tell, one about each girl.

Story #1: Several weeks ago Renee came up to our room in the middle of the night. As I was carrying her back downstairs she told me there were FISH in her bed. I had to ask her again because I thought I had heard wrong. She wanted me to crawl in with her so I did. My toes felt something cold. I reached down and picked up a little rock that she had gone to sleep holding in her hand. When I showed her what it was she started to move away and got a look of sheer terror on her face. I had to reassure her that it was not a fish, just her rock. She still talks about fish in her bed. Just yesterday she told me the little birds on her Cinderella sheets were the fish. But she refuses to give up those sheets so she's stuck with sleeping with fish!

Story #2: Mondays are almost always cleaning days at out house. Both of the kids know this and don't complain anymore. They know if I can get it all done on that day, that gives us the rest of the week to "play". So this past Monday started like any other. Until I turned on the TV and discovered no school. I got out the vacuum cleaner and started in with my routine. Well, Kaitlyn wanted to help me in the worst way. She got the dustcloth out and dusted the TV. Then she put on her little half-apron and proceeded to dust the piano and the windowsill. She told me she didn't want to get any dust on her pants. (Besides, Alice on the Brady Bunch wears an apron.) Then she went upstairs and made her bed and mine. She wanted to vacuum the kitchen so I let her. Earlier in the morning she had gotten out the toaster, plugged it in and was putting the waffles in when I discovered her. So she was telling me she could get her own breakfast. She had also gotten out the gallon of milk but since it was full had not made an attempt to pour it. Thank goodness!!

The next day at school Becca overheard her telling her friends all of the things she had done the day before. Her next comment made Becca turn away, she was laughing so hard. "I clean, dust, make the beds, and get my own breakfast. I'm pretty much the housekeeper at my house." Boy, my life just got much easier!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Thats a bust! Man mom what are you doing?

Anonymous said...

The truth is Kaitlyn could probably handle all of those tasks on her own at this point if she needed to.

And if you've ever see the Godfather, "sleeping with the fishes" has a whole different meaning, and I'm going to hope that this is the only time it applies to my little cutie.

Megan said...

I remember when I was little it was my wallpaper that scared me. Somehow the flowers always looked like scary figures in the dark :)

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see Kaitlyn in adolescence. She is a Sarah Burnhart for sure!