Monday, February 4, 2008

Nothing New

Not much has been happening in our household lately. Renee is fully potty trained now (YIPPEE) and is so proud of herself. We've been putting a diaper on her at night but really don't need to; it's dry every morning. She has been coming up to our bedroom every night around 2 so I get out of bed and carry her back down to her own bed. Sometimes she wants me to lay down on her floor. I tell her it's just for a few minutes but I often wake up 2 hours later. Last night I put her back in her own bed at 2 but she came back at 4 or 5 so I let her crawl in with me. She is such a snuggler and loves the security of being close to me. I don't always appreciate her knees in my back or her feet on my head but it's just a season. I'll enjoy it while I can.

Kaitlyn was supposed to have a field trip last Wed. but when we showed up at the place, they didn't have power. She just had a regular school day and the trip is rescheduled for this week. She and Renee got to spend time at their friend's house that afternoon instead. They ate lunch with Sophia and Isabella and played until 3. I ran some errands and got some things done here at home. Then on Sat. they came to our house for a few hours so their mom could get some things done. Sophia is in Kaitlyn's class and and was last year too. Isabella is 3. They also have a baby sister. They live down the street, in the new section, so will ride the bus together next year. We are anticipating many years of friendship with them.

Dirk started some new classes last week. He has 4 preparations now (instead of 3) and teaches 5 periods. When the little girls were here on Sat. he went over to Joel's for several hours. Too much estrogen in the house I guess.

Kaitlyn has been wanting to pick out her own clothes the past few weeks. Sometimes she does OK. Other times not so good. Here's my little fashion diva.


3 comments:

Amy said...

oh picking out your own clothes, let the battles begin. I can remember even up to 6th or 7th grade fighting over clothes.My mom had a rule that I could only wear jeans two days a week... she didn't understand it wasn't cool not to wear jeans every day

Anonymous said...

Amy's mom had too many rules when the kids were little. I remember not wanting Aaron to wear sneaks to school either. Whew---why did I ever sweat the small stuff like that????? Congrats on surviving the potty wars. Now bring on adolescence, eh? What??? You're not ready for that yet??? HA

becca said...

i enjoy her outfits :) here's hoping there's power tomorrow at bright raven!