Thursday, February 7, 2008

Here We Go Again

When Kaitlyn was 3 1/2 she had trouble staying in her bed all night. She would crawl in bed with us in the middle of the night and then I would try to carry her back downstairs once she fell back asleep. If Dirk carried her she threw a fit. Most of the time she wanted me to stay in her room with her. So I lost a lot of sleep until we finally started putting a sleeping bag down next to my side of the bed. We did that for a LONG time. Now it's not an issue for her; it's Renee's turn.

The other night I rolled over to discover Renee next to me in bed. I have no idea how long she had been there. I didn't even hear the stairs squeak. Little stinker! I carried her back down and stayed for a few minutes until I thought she was back to sleep. Wrong! She was back at my side of the bed in a matter of 5 minutes. So I tried again. This time I stayed longer only to have her reappear once again. At that point I was too tired to deal with it any longer so I let her sleep with us. Kaitlyn appeared at 6:15 that morning, so excited about an upcoming field trip she couldn't sleep any longer. Short night! Last night I ended up loosing close to 2 hours of sleep. NO MORE! The sleeping bag is coming out tonight!

Kaitlyn's field trip was to Bright Ravens Gymnastics. She was so excited about wearing her leotard and being able to jump in this big pit of foam blocks. We had gone there last year so she was familiar with it. They also have a big blow-up slide, almost identical to the one she broke her elbow on 1 year ago.

Can you tell that Renee picked out her outfit? Fashion Diva #2. If you look closely, you can see Kaitlyn's underwear sticking out of the leotard.

We frosted heart-shaped cut-out cookies yesterday afternoon. I gave them each 2 cookies to frost and they thought that was great. They got to eat one right away and the other was for supper.



Renee can be very stubborn about what she wears. Lately she likes to wear stockings but no skirt or dress, just a shirt. Last night she got into the headbands. What a goofball she can be!

She calls her little shoes her "tap shoes".

Kaitlyn and I (mostly me) made some Valentine ponytail holders. Here's one. Isn't it cute? I'll try to post a picture of the other ones we made. We did 3 of them. I found the idea in the Family Fun magazine.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hmm heart cut out cookies, maybe I'll be stopping over tomorrow...haha. Hope you're getting more sleep then me tonight